NY, MAKE 9 PHONE CALLS TODAY TO MOVE BILL A8123B, the bil that protects the religious waiver to vaccines. We have to light a fire under the Education Committee Assemblymembers who have NOT made a decision on the bill. While they may not be your rep, they make decisions that affects 20 million NYers. YOU are one of them.
- Catherine Nolan- 518-455-4851
- Earlene Hooper- 518-455-5861
- Alicia Hyndman- 518-455-4451
- Michael Miller- 518-455-4621
- Daniel O’Donnell- 518-455-5603
- Steven Otis- 518-455-4897
- Phil Ramos- 518-455-5185
- Sean Ryan- 518-455-4886
- Michelle Titus- 518-455-5668
Ask them, politely and respectfully, to support the bill that keeps kids in public school and respects existing law. Need more to say? See below:
- Children of families who do not have the resources/ money to hire attorneys or who do not have the ability to articulate in English are being barred from school and denied their right to an education. This translates to minorities, single parents, parents of color being disproportionately adversely affected.
- 46 states use such a accepted form, along with most schools in NY. There is no correlation between a high refusal rate and a standard accepted form.
- ‘Religious sincerity interviews’ are WRONG, a waste of money and profoundly offensive.
Please post your responses!
SHARE THIS POST
VLA COMMENT: (paraphrased from Ageless Wisdom):
Religion is the name given to the recognition by the “part” of its relationship to the “Whole”. It is observed that there is a constantly growing demand by the part (individual) for an increased awareness of that Relation (God). Religion is the experience of the “seeking” aspirant to the “sought-for” Divinity. This archetypical drive towards wholeness (God) is natural to mankind, inherent in all individuals. Therefore, Religion is natural and personalized foremost to the individual and out of that comes human systems, not the other way around!
“Every Church claims that ‘we are the true Church’ and that they have some ultimate authority. We have the infallible Pope; the inerrant Bible.
The idea that the Truth of God can be bound in any human system; by any human creed; by any human book is almost beyond imagination. God is not a Christian. God is not a Jew or a Muslim, a Hindu or a Buddhist. All of those are human systems which Human being have created only to help walk us through the mystery of God. We honor tradition. We walk through the tradition. But the tradition does not define God. It only points to God.
. -Bishop John Shelby Spong
“No one church, its representative or the government has the authority to define religion, to authorize, or substantiate an individual’s religious beliefs”
.…Eileen Dannemann, Director. National Coalition of Organized Women