Summary of Findings
The authors of the recently published study on premature birth, vaccination and neurodevelopmental disorders summarize their findings as follows:
- Preterm birth without vaccination was not associated with NDD
- Term birth with vaccination was associated with a 2.7-fold (270 percent) increase in the odds of NDD
- Preterm birth with vaccination was associated with a 5.4-fold increase in the odds of NDD compared to the odds of NDD given term birth and vaccination
- Preterm birth with vaccination was associated with a 12.3-fold increased odds of NDD compared to preterm birth without vaccination (not technically significant because no child in the sample with an NDD was both preterm and unvaccinated)
- Preterm birth with vaccination was associated with a 14.5-fold increased odds of NDD compared to being neither preterm nor vaccinated
VLA COMMENT: It is a regular practice to vaccinate premature babies as well to give them Vitamin K shot with 100mgs. of aluminum and to feed them through a tube with substance that also contains aluminum.