Such deaths have been occurring for years, but they were recently brought to light by a West Virginia couple who shared the story of their son, Andrew White, with ABC News. Andrew died in 2008 of fatal drug intoxication. The Whites blame the prescriptions their son was on for his death. According to a report by ABC11x:
“”We call it the lethal cocktail. It’s antidepressants, antipsychotics and analgesics. It’s just overloading, and your body can’t take it,” Stan [White] explained. The Whites said Andrew was taking Seroquel, Klonopin, and Paxil. They still have the pills prescribed by Veteran’s Administration doctors to treat Andrew’s post-traumatic stress disorder… “He made that choice to trust the VA and that trust cost him his life,” [Mrs. White] continued.”
The twist to the story is that within weeks of Andrew’s death, three other war veterans—all of whom were taking the same drugs Andrew was on—also died in their sleep. Read more… Comment by VLA founder: “Did the physician test for Cytochrome P450 2D6?
Read some stats: